CBS Labs conducts a variety of special tests, performed using the latest and most advanced equipment available, to screen, confirm and quantitate extraneous substances within any sample.
- Our special drug screenings determines the presence or absence of specified drugs or their metabolites, including steroids, and controlled substances such as cannabis, cocaine and heroin.
- Hemoglobin Electrophoresis testing is done to check the different types of hemoglobin in the blood. Abnormal hemoglobin types may indicate the presence of some types of anemia, and other diseases that can be passed onto children through inheritance and at times ca be life-threatening.
- Serum protein electrophoresis is most often done to help diagnose some forms of cancer, kidneys or liver issues, and immune system problems.
- Toxicology testing determines the degree to which a substance can damage human organs. It is used to detect the level of toxicity caused by both prescription drugs and controlled substances.
Our support staff provide all additional information necessary to ensure you receive all that you need, whenever you need it. Please note that when ordering test for which medicare or medicaid reimbursement will be sought, physician should only order test that are medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of the patient.
The available special tests include:
- Drug Screen 5 – UA
- Hemoglobin Electrophoresis – L
- Protein – 24 Hr. Urine – UA
- Protein Electrophoresis – SST
- Toxicology 9 w Alcohol – UA
- Toxicology 10 – UA
Need an urgent test?
Need to perform a test and have it analyzed as soon as possible to make an urgent patient care decision? Our STAT 24 service is available 24 hours a day, Monday thru Saturday, and provides results within 4 hours of notification or 2 hours of receipt by our lab. As soon as the testing is complete, one of our representatives will contact you with the results.
Have other questions?
Over the thousands of tests that we perform, our experts in toxicology have resolved the questions and concerns for thousands of customers. If you have a question about testing, our services, or any specific concern contact us today!