BRCA1 & BRCA2 by Next Generation Sequencing
A woman’s lifetime risk of developing breast and/or ovarian cancer is greatly increased if she inherits a harmful mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene. About 12 percent of women in the general population will develop breast cancer sometime during their lives. For women who have a harmful mutation, that number rises to 45 to 65 percent according to recent studies. A genetic test for BRCA1 & BRCA2 mutations is available now from CBS Labs. Women who have breast cancer and women who have a close relative who has a BRCA mutation are candidates for this testing.
Cystic Fibrosis Carrier Screening
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a commonly inherited disease. Carrier Screening for Men and Women who are considering pregnancy is now available through CBS Labs. With a simple blood test prospective parents can find out if they are carriers for this disease.
verifi® by CBS
Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) by CBS Labs using Next Generation Screening Techniques; the most advanced NIPT tests available. With just one tube of blood the “verify® by CBS” test screens for common chromosome conditions including Down Syndrome, Edwards Syndrome and Patau Syndrome. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the International Society of Prenatal Diagnosis (ISPD) have stated that tests like “verify® by CBS” are an available screening option for all pregnant women.
CBS Labs now offers PD-L1 Immunoassay. PD-L1 Immunoassay studies have application in:
- Bladder Cancer – prior to treatment with Genentech’s TECENTRIQtm (atezolizumab) indicated for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma.
- Lung Cancer – prior to treatment with KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. PD-L1 expression in non-squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer may be associates with enhanced survival from OPDIVO® (nivolumab).
- Melanoma – PD-L1 expression in melanoma is correlated with the magnitude of the treatment effect on progression-free survival from OPDIVO® (nivolumab).
- Toxicology Basic Urine Profile
- Toxicology Comprehensive Urine Profile
- CBS Lab Toxicology 5
- CBS Lab Toxicology 10
- Toxicology Tests for Illegal Drugs
- Toxicology Tests for Prescription Drugs
- Therapeutic Drugs
- Alpha Fetoprotein
- Special Tests